Saturday, October 26, 2013

Hair Journey Update - Oct 20th *1 Year Anniversary* LATE POST


Hello Everyone! Today makes my 1 year Natural Hair Anniversary. I have come a very long way. Still learning as I go. I am so proud of myself for not giving up to going back to perms. I have seen so much growth from day 1 til now. To those who aren't familiar let me fill you in...

Last year around this time was a very great day. It was the beginning of my Natural Hair Journey. I experience a bad perm in 2010. It tangled and knotted my hair so bad I had no clue what to do. I tried everything from detangler,conditioner,and oil. I was so depressed over it until I just cut it all off. I always had long hair and felt how would it look in its natural state. I felt weird at first but I grew to love it. The biggest change ever done to my hair. If you would like the longer story please check out my tumblr.

On my 6 month update I shared with you all everything I used. Let me fill you in on what I have used since then.


Organix Coconut Milk
- Shampoo *13 washes*
- Conditioner *10 washes*
Oyin - Hair Dew *few*
Tea Spray *regularly*
Eco Styler Gel*few to style*
Obia- Curl Enhancing Custard *Review Soon*


That is pretty much it. I kepted a simple regimen after my 6 month anniverary. I wanted to keep using what I love. I am not someone who uses too many products. But if I find a product I love its something I'll reconsider.

During my journey I loved washing my hair with sulfate shampoo's. I got my hands on a sulfate free shampoo and noticed a major difference. My hair hated sulfates. So no sulfates anymore for me. I love thick conditoners and not thin. My hair works better when left alone obsorbing products when dry. I am still understanding and learning the knowledge of porosity. I am not a Natural Hair Goddess but I am sharing my story.

I am looking forward to trying more products. I am ready to see how much hair I will have next year around this time. I am amazed how much my hair have grown. I will post my hair from last year to now as soon as I can load the before.

Since the last update I was testing out a product. For Obia Hair Care more on that soon. I really enjoyed it can't wait to show you all. I only used it so I can get the best of my experience.

To the Update...

Today I started by finger combing and spraying my hair with water. I then rinsed it with warm water to get rid of built up product. I used my usual Organix Coconut Milk Shampoo to wash my hair. As of 2 washes ago I ran out of Organix Coconut Milk Conditioner. So I used Conditioner sample from my Qhemet Biologics prize. I used Qhemet Biologics Moringa Tree Conditioning Ghee. If you all could only smell it. First thing came to my mind was candy. Cotton candy that is very sweet. I loved how it was great slippage its worth the price. My new staple product whenever I get a chance to buy it. I then used Qhemet Biologics Castor & Moringa Sofetening Serum. It's like a oil based product smelled like lemon & tea. Made my hair really soft I am in love with Qhemet Biologics. Afterwards combing my hair into a ponytail to dry.

Thanks everyone for following me on my journey. To those who are thinking is this the end no its not I will continue to share with you all. Long year and kept you all with me. If you are knew to my journey go back to the beginning in my archives on my tumblr.
glamrawks.tumblr.com

Until next time Stay Glam0r0us!!! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment